Hello and welcome to my blog where I share my photos and experiences from my travels to the African bush and other wild places.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

STEENBOK

Steenbok is one of my favorite antelopes. They are usually solitary, very alert and always offers one a nice photo opportunity when you drive past them. They would turn around and look at you with those beautiful big ears pointed right back at you. Usually you only have a few seconds to get the shot before they would disappear into the distance after realizing what you are. I was looking to photograph a steenbok in a complimenting natural environment. In the Okavango Delta in Botswana I found my moment when I saw a Steenbok in the beautiful golden light standing in the tall grass. I loved how he was camouflaged in the golden grass, complimenting his color. I had to be quick, grabbing a few photographs before he did disappear into the long grass.


Steenbok
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Canon 1D Mark IV | 600mmf/4 | 1/1250 sec at f/4, ISO 400